Links to Outside Resources about Play
Moral Landscapes Blog, Dr. Darcia Narvaez
- Happiness and Growth through Play
- Playing with Heart
- Children May Be Playing, but Their Brains Are Working
- Is Pretend Play Good for Kids?
- Playing at School: More Important Than We Thought?
- Does Too Much Screen Time Make Kids Sick?
- Infant Couch Potatoes
- What's Better: Indoor or Outdoor Play?
- Why Play With a Child?
- Should Toddlers Be Medicated for ADHD?
National Wildlife Federation - Naturefind (input your zip code for find nature places in your area)
National Institute for Play
Strong National Museum of Play
Alliance for Childhood
Head Start, Body Start
Book - Play: How it Shapes the Brain, by Dr. Stuart Brown
(the Takoma Park Maryland Library has a copy of this book)
Book - The Power of Play: Learning What Comes Naturally, by David Elkind
Bernie DeKoven, funsmith
Local Links: Maryland
Ali Mirsky Mosaics
Mr Gabe Music
Willow Street Yoga Center of Takoma Park and Silver Spring
Great Kids Village
Takoma Park Community Playtime (at Heffner Community Center, 42 Oswego Ave, Takoma Park, 20910)
All the Right Moves (Montgomery County's chess movement)
The Importance of Being Playful (Aspen Institute)
SET! card game being played in a math class
How to play the game of SET!
Bean Bag Toss (also called Cornhole Toss)
How to Teach Your Dog to Play Frisbee 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?